Monday, November 25, 2013

vital....

At 4:27 a.m. this morning I felt the LORD nudge me and tell me it was time to wake up.  I knew HE was waiting to talk to me.  As quietly and quickly as I could I retreated to our office downstairs and dove straight into my bible study.  As I journaled, and read, a song that has been life changing for me began to play in my mind.  That song was  "My Help" by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.  As I began to sing the lyrics out loud, a sense of peace and calm came over me, and HE let me know once again that HE is my help.

HIS Daily Teachings this morning was to show me that, these days I have forgotten the most vital piece of information and that is to be HOLY SPIRIT lead, I must think positive thoughts, so that I will be lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, and not lead by the flesh.  The more I journaled this morning, the more HIS truth of my situation was revealed to me.  The more HE revealed to me, the more HE showed me where Satan has footholds in my life.  

Today HE revealed to me just exactly what those footholds are that are keeping me from HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that I should never feel alone, as HE is there waiting to help me.  HE is my helper, I must seek HIM, lean on HIM, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single step of my journey.

Joyce Meyer writes in the "Battlefield of the Mind,"  "If our thoughts are going to affect what we become, then it should certainly be a priority that we think right thoughts."  In other words, it's time that I, Heather, ditch my stinkin, thinkin!  I have been guilty of allowing the negative thoughts to take over in my mind, and failing to realize that they have seeped over into my heart, and have been changing me.  

My soul sister "N" wrote yesterday that she struggles with the constant "need" to be in control, and the same goes for me.  I am ok, and on fire with my faith as long as I am somewhat in control.   However when I lose the control that I "think" I have, I melt when I can't foresee what is coming in my future. 

This morning HE revealed to me that I am not in control of my future, therefore, it is vital that I choose to trust HIM that HE has it all worked out for my own good.  

"You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind."

Today HE has revealed to me that I have allowed my thoughts to become crowded with negative thoughts, and any positive thoughts that are trying to form, are quickly being chased out.  I am learning once again, the hard way, as I "tried" to do things "my way" that in order to live a truly blessed life, I must surrender all of me, this include my thoughts.  You see, in my humanness I carelessly forget that I cannot hide anything from HIM.  HE has reminded me once again that nothing I do surprises HIM.  HE is teaching me over and over again that I must learn that it is vital for my physical, and spiritual well being that I seek HIM and put HIM first in my life.  I must not be of this world.  HE is letting me know that I must let go of my "need" for fleshly desires.  I must seek HIM and allow HIS HOLY SPIRIT to lead me.  I must understand and know that it is vital for my walk with HIM.

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires." Romans 8:5

I am learning that it is vital for me to have CHRIST LIKE thinking in order to live a truly successful CHRISTIAN life.  It has become one of my hearts cries, that not only do people know that I walk with GOD daily, but that HIS presence in so known in me, and seen through me, that all anyone would have to do is look at me, and they would be looking at HIM.  That through HIM, HIS healing touch would be given through me.  I desire greatly to have HIS HOLY SPIRIT so bright in my life, that it is contagious.  

HE is wanting me to know today that in order to breakdown the strongholds in my life, that are keeping me from achieving my hearts cry I must be intentional in seeking HIM daily.  I must be serious about wanting to break free from the strongholds that Satan and his demons have methodically placed in my life.

I am learning that it is through HIS help that HE has equipped me with HIS word, and through my praise, and prayers to HIM, that HIS power and authority have been given to me to break free of the strongholds that threaten my freedom.  GOD wants me to know that HE is waiting for me to truly want to break free from the chains around my wrist.   

"One of the best aids to freedom is asking GOD for a lot of help, and asking often"

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence,so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

HE is wanting me to know that it is NOT through my determination alone that I am able to break free, but rather I must seek HIM daily, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single moment of my journey with HIM.  I must remember to always lean on HIM as I can never do any of this alone.

One of the most life changing messages I have ever heard was when Sujo John.  His testimony is truly remarkable.  When he spoke, he did so in a way that revealed just how vital it became for his survival to truly rely on the help from the LORD.  His testimony began with a book, "The Prayer of Jabez" by Bruce Wilkinson.  As he read, Sujo prayed that GOD would use him in such a remarkable way.  He surrendered all of himself to the LORD, and the very next day was 9-11.  Sujo's story of survival was so moving, that I must have cried all of the tears inside of me, as he shared with how GOD's help was all that he had that day.  I was so moved by his story, that I went back a second time to hear it.  

HE is wanting me to know that HE is waiting for me, to let go.... and let HIM take over once again.   HE is waiting for me to give up my foolish ways, and foolish thinking.  Thinking that I am learning is keeping me from HIS blessings that HE wants to pour over my life.  Therefore, I must choose to align my thoughts to HIS word, HIS plan, and HIS purpose for my life.


"Right thinking is vital to victorious living"

I am learning that my thoughts bear fruit, therefore if I want to live a good life, it is vital that I think good thoughts, as nothing good comes from bad thoughts.  HE has shown me once again that I am like a tree planted by the water, HIS living water, and no matter what comes my way, when I am firmly planted in my faith, and being lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, no matter what circumstances happen in my life, I will continue to bear good fruit.

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit." Matthew 12:33

"They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:8

At the end of my bible study, I felt HIM say to me, "meditate and write this on your heart."  HE is telling me that it is vital  that I remember it.

"for he is the kind of person who is always thinking about the cost.“Eat and drink,” he says to you, but his heart is not with you." Proverbs 23:7

Today I will seek HIM, and learn just what that very verse means for my life.  I know HE specifically told me to write in on my heart, so I know that it is vital that I understand what HE is telling me.

I pray today that you will know that true freedom can only be found when you realize how being lead by HIS HOLY SPIRIT is vital for your survival in this cruel, tough, broken world.  HE is wanting you to know that HE is the light, and the lamp unto your feet.  I pray that you will know that when you seek HIM, HE will teach, lead, and guide you through every single step of your journey.  I pray today that you will have the courage to stand against the strongholds in your life, and remove Satan and his demons, and stop them from wreaking havoc all over your life.

Blessings,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment