Tuesday, November 26, 2013

think

It seems as if though the harder I strive to become more CHRIST like, the harder I fall flat on my face.  These days have been filled with monstrous mistakes when it comes to my thoughts and actions.  I have found myself giving into anger more than I have in a long time.  I go to bed feeling like a complete failure and a fraud.  So today HE is letting me know that it is back to the basics for me.

HIS Daily teachings today was HIS loving reminder that before speaking or doing, I must first T.H.I.N.K. What does that mean you ask?  

    T ~ Is it true?  Am I speaking HIS truth when I say whatever it is I am saying?

    H ~ Is it honoring?  Am I speaking in love, and building someone up?  Am I being respectful?     Am I speaking in a way that GOD would approve?

    I ~ Is it inspiring?  Am I speaking in a way that encourages positive results?

   N ~ Is it necessary?  Is what I am saying truly needed to hear?

   K ~ Is it kind?  Am I speaking in love, like, or praise?

I can tell you these days that my words and actions have been less than stellar.  I have forgotten to t.h.i.n.k. when it comes to most of my interactions with people.  This includes my family.  Sadly I have been living each day forgetting to t.h.i.n.k. and in the process I have offended and hurt the people whom I love.  I have even offended myself at times.

I have found myself apologizing more and more as each day passes.  The level and sarcasm and snarkiness has been at it's all time high when it comes to be and interacting with my family, and well pretty much anyone who I come in contact with.  Let me put this another way, "HI I'm Heather, and I have a problem with letting my mouth run, and I say very stupid, mean, hurtful things."  

HE is wanting me to know that now is NOT the time to give up.  Thankfully HE has shown me several scriptures that talks about this very problem that I am having.  I love it when I can open my bible and HIS help is always present.  HE has shown me that just in the book of Proverbs alone is enough to show me how to think, how to speak, and how to act. 

Today HE is wanting me to write HIS commands on my heart, meditate on them, and practice them as each moment passes throughout my day.  

A gentle answer turns away wrath,but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

How many times in this past week alone, have I answered with harsh words.  In speaking in harsh words, I have stirred the anger in my family, mainly my children.  Of course when I did that, they lashed out, and then I, hypocrite Heather became offended.  When in all fairness I started it!  YIKES!

When HE revealed that to me this morning, I felt so ashamed, however HE is wanting me to know that it's time to move on.  It's time to face the music, and realize that the things I think, say, and do affect how my children are being raised.   I can't expect them to be one way, when I am the complete polar opposite.

"When words are many, transgression is not lacking,but whoever restrains his lips is prudent." Proverbs 10:19

This is a huge problem that I have.  In my "need" to constantly feel as if though I am being heard, I talk way too much!  What I mean is, instead of saying what I mean, I drag it on and on forever.  By the time I finish talking I have offended the people whom I am trying to build up.  HE has revealed to me today that the more I talk, the more opportunities I am giving the enemy to make a fool of me.   The more words I say, the more chances Satan and his demons have to wreak havoc over my relationships.  In other words I could feel GOD say to me this morning, "sometimes it's better to say one or two words, and then be still."

HE is wanting me to know that HIS good news is that I don't have to do this alone.  HE will give me the words to speak, all I have to do is ask.  I must remember that I have a helper, and HIS name is JESUS, and HIS HOLY SPIRIT lives within me.  I must seek HIS guidance, and ask HIM to teach, lead, and guide me through every single interaction I have with people.

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." Proverbs 18:2

HE is revealing to me another problem I have and that is my incessant "need" to have my opinion be heard.  I have this problem when it comes to my family, and that is "I think I am always right."  When truthfully most of the time, I am in the wrong.  However, I in my humanness struggle with pride, and let it get the best of me.  Many confrontations in our household have been centered around pride.

HE is letting me know that today is the day that I must let go of my pride, as it is keeping me from HIS plan and HIS purpose for my life.  I must learn to be still, and be quiet, and wait for HIS "whispers."

"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble." Proverbs 21:23

HE is wanting me to remember that when I am silent, and patiently wait for HIM, I will stay out of trouble.  More often that I would like to admit, my mouth gets me into a ton of trouble, with people, and with HIM.  There have been days where I have felt that all I have done is apologize.  HE is wanting me to know that true freedom from my troubles can only be found when I learn to quiet my tongue.  Therefore, I must t.h.i.n.k. before I speak, so that I will be honoring to HIM and to those of whom I am speaking to.

I am thankful that HIS word is full of advice in how to live my life in regarding to speaking.  I am learning that HE is wanting me to dedicate a huge portion of my day thinking about what it is that is truly honoring to HIM in the way that I speak.  HE has given me several scriptures to write on my heart, and meditate on.

"And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell."  James 3:6

Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few." Ecclesiastes 5:2

"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;keep watch over the door of my lips!" Psalm 141:3

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger" James 1:19

"The words of the wise heard in quiet are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools" Ecclesiastes 9:17

"Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life;he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin." Proverbs 13:3

"If you have been foolish, exalting yourself,or if you have been devising evil, put your hand on your mouth" Proverbs 30:32

"I tell you, on the day of judgement people will give account for every careless word they speak" Matthew 12:36

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits" Proverbs 18:21

" Let not your mouth lead you into sin, and do not say before the messenger that it was a mistake. Why should God be angry at your voice and destroy the work of your hands?" Ecclesiastes 5:6

HE has been teaching me for quite some time that I am thermostat for my home.  Meaning I set the tone of attitudes in my home whether I like it or not.  HE is showing me that when I react and behave poorly so do my children, and so does my husband.  When I am mean, they are mean.  However, when I am loving, and kind, when I actually remember to t.h.i.n.k. before I speak, I build the people up whom I love.

HE is wanting me to know that HE hears my cries for freedom, to break free from the chains of bondage of the strongholds that Satan and his demons have in my life.  HE is telling me that HE can, will, and does give me all the necessary tools that I am in need of to break free.

I pray today that you will t.h.i.n.k. before you speak.  I pray that your words will be of life, and will bring HONOR and GLORY to HIM.  I pray for HIS blessings and favor to be poured over your life when you t.h.i.n.k. before you speak.

Blessings,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment