Monday, August 5, 2013

authentic

As I logged onto blogger today to write today's post I checked the Stats.  The stats will tell me how many page views, and what sources were used to read my blog, and what countries the people are from.  To this date there have been 1,108 page views from 7 different countries.  HIS Daily Teachings has become worldwide.  I am in awe that so many are reading HIS Daily Teachings.  I am honored that HE has chosen me to reach so many people in such a short amount of time.  Never would I have imagined that I would be used in such a BIG way.  I am humbled, and honored daily through writing HIS Daily Teachings.

I finished reading "Living Beyond Your Feelings" this morning, I began to ask GOD what I should write about for today's blog.  As I started thinking about how much this book has affected my life, GOD revealed to me that in order for me to move forward in my walk with HIM, I needed to understand how HE sees me.

HE wanted me to see myself through the people who know me and who could tell me what kind of friend I am to them.  So after several minutes of refusal, I gave in, and posted it on FB, what kind of friend am I to you?  The responses were overwhelming.  Words of affirmation such as: loving, giving, supportive, GODLY  (wow) comforting, trustworthy, and sincere were filling my heart with each response.  I can honestly say I had no idea.  All I know is that I strive to be more CHRIST like with each day passing, and I am honored to have so many wonderful people in my life as my friends.  

I could have only imagined when I was a little girl to have as many wonderful friends as I do today.  I didn't grow up with very many friends, as I was very deceiving to everyone I came in contact with.  I was even deceiving myself and didn't even know it.  I was raised by deceitful people, so I obviously didn't have the best role models.  I struggled immensely with friendships growing up, and it wasn't until I was in my late twenty's did I truly understand what it meant to be authentic.

These days all you will get from me is my authentic self. I am a CHRIST follower, unashamed, will shout it from the rooftops wherever I go.  I have a feisty, fiery personality, and I am not afraid to speak my mind when I feel strongly about something.  I love my family fiercely and will do anything to protect them from harm.  I make mistakes, and mess up daily, however I am saved.  I go to sleep every night knowing that GOD is with me, and that HIS mercies are new every morning.

I made a vow to myself and to GOD that I would no longer "hide" from anyone.  I would reveal my true-self to everyone I come in contact with.  I would create, and maintain loving, and intentional relationships.  I vowed I would have a heart of compassion for the hurting, especially for the people who feel undeserving.  I vowed I wouldn't judge anyone, rather love them through their flaws and all.   

I am thankful for this life of trials and storms that I have lived through, because without them I wouldn't have the Faith that I do today.  I know that no matter what I may come up against in my daily walk that HE is there with me.  I know and believe with all of my heart and soul that I am loved unconditionally.  I am blessed to have this life, this truly amazing and crazy life.  I am thankful to be me.

I pray today that if you are struggling to be you, that you know you are not alone.  HE understands, and HE is waiting to reveal to you, why HE made you just the way you are!  I pray today that you will have the courage to seek HIM, and allow HIM to transform and renew your mind and allow HIM to show you your life through HIS eyes.  I pray today that if you are hurting, that you will "hold fast" as help is on the way.

Blessings,
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment