Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Prince of Peace....

This morning I was ripped from sleep at 3am as my Heavenly Father needed to speak to me. Yesterday during several attempts HE tried speaking to me, I just wasn't ready to hear HIM. This morning however, all I heard was HIS whisper "Peace."  HE was saying to me, "write about my peace that is for you."  

I have lived a very turmoil filled life, one of which I didn't have a lot of peace.  Since I began writing this blog I have come under some major attacks by Satan, and there have been days where I am completely "deaf" when it comes to hearing from the LORD.  This morning however HE captured my attention and has asked to write what I know.

What I know is I am thankful that HE is my source of PEACE!  I wrote that in my journal this morning, without even realizing what HIS Daily Teachings were going to be about for me that day.  I "thought" HE was wanting me to write about HIS peace, however HE quickly revealed to me that this morning was to be my "heart cleansing day."  I wouldn't be reading my book about strongholds.  No, I would be sorting out the burdens, anger, and anxiety I had been carrying around without even realizing it.  I was reminded of this during my "Quiet Time Bible" reading this morning.  The following words really spoke to my heart, "The first step in receiving GOD'S peace is to stop shouting so loud."  I have learned for the past 102 days of being in HIS word that even though I may not be shouting out loud, I am screaming in my heart!  I am screaming for HIM to please HEAR me.  What I have failed to realize is that HE does hear me, I am just screaming so loud that I don't hear HIM.  My bible goes onto say, "Put down the burdens and fights you face.  Give them to GOD and allow HIM to speak peace to your heart."

This morning GOD is reminding me of HIS peace that HE has for me.  I must trust and believe that HIS peace is all I need.  This morning HIS Daily Teachings is all based upon Psalm 37:1-17

Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong;for like the grass they will soon wither,like green plants they will soon die away. Ps. 37:1-2

GOD wants me to know that I need not to be afraid of anyone who is NOT from HIM.  HE wants me to stand firmly in HIS word and declare that HE is my rock, and my fortress, and HE can, will, and does protect me from all things evil.  HE has let me know that I am to not be jealous of evil one's who "seem" to be filled with HIS blessings, but who are NOT walking with HIM.  HE wants me to know that NOTHING good can come from not following HIM.  I must not let my fleshly desires and wants get in HIS way.  I must trust in HIS timing and provision for my life. HE has lovingly reminded me this morning that the only way to eternal life is through HIM.  I must get my eyes off the ways of the world, and get them focused on only HIM.

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.                       Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Ps. 37:3-4

HE is telling me that in order to receive HIS true peace, I must trust HIM, and NOT give in to the ways of the world.  I must allow HIM to do HIS good works in me and through me.  HE wants me to be happy, and thankful that I have been chosen to live the life that I have been given.  HE wants me to live each day feeling completely blessed, in knowing that HE loves me enough to seek me every single moment.  HE wants me to know that when I allow HIM to grow my faith in HIM, and acknowledge HIM in all of my ways, HE can, will, and does meet all of my needs abundantly. HE wants me to know that all I have to do is do what HE tells me to, and when I seek HIM earnestly and love HIM with all of my heart, soul, and mind, HE can, will, and does bless me by answering my prayers.  I must remember that HE will answer my prayers in HIS timing and not mine.

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun." Ps. 37:5-6

I know that when I publicly declared that JESUS was, and is my SAVIOR, I was saying and promising to pick up my cross daily and follow HIM.  I was letting HIM know that I would follow HIM all the days of my life, no matter what.   I am learning that even when I don't "feel" like it, I still need to pick up my cross and follow HIM.  I am learning that faith is a full-time job, one of which I must never try and slack off from.  I am learning that without my faith growing in HIM, my life is way to burdensome to live on my own.  I am learning that trusting HIM means, letting go of doing things "my way" and waiting for HIM, and doing things "HIS way" no matter what!   HE has let me know that HE can, will, and does bless me for my obedience and for my discipline in following HIM all the days of my life.  HE wants me to know this morning that nothing delights HIM more than when I obey HIM, and pick up my cross and follow HIM.  HE wants me to know that HE loves it when I say to HIM each morning, "LORD JESUS, teach, lead, and guide me how to live every single moment of my life today.  Therefore, I must keep my focus on only HIM.

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes." Ps. 37:7

This morning I take great comfort in knowing that HE is working in "theme's" for HIS Daily Teachings.  Today I know that HE is asking me to wait patiently for HIM.  HE has been working on this with me for the past 102 days, and I am still learning each day what that truly means.  Today HE is letting me know that HE allows me to view other people's successes so that I will be humbled and let go of my pride.  HE has let me know that it isn't up to me to judge whether or not someone is doing good works through HIM.  HE has let me know that HE can, will, and does take care of evil-doers in HIS timing, not mine.  HE has let me know that until I let go of the jealousy I have in my heart towards people who I "think" are getting away with doing things "their way,"  HE can't use me for HIS purpose and HE can't continue to do HIS good works through me.  This I believe to be the reason I wasn't able to hear HIM yesterday, and I most certainly couldn't write about anything HE was teaching me.  

"Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land." Ps. 37:8-9

Yesterday in what I believe to be an attack from Satan, someone I care a lot about became enraged with me.  I was accused of having my own agenda, and not giving wise GODLY counsel.  The very thought of this angered me, to the point of tears.  I had allowed myself to become so upset, that all I could do was cry. Though I held it together while in conversation with this person, I soon there after fell apart.  I cried out to GOD and asked HIM "why are things becoming so difficult for me?"  I cried out to HIM, "YOU know my heart LORD, show me if I am saying anything that isn't honoring to YOU."  HE revealed to me that nothing I say or do will change someones mind when they are NOT right with HIM.  HE has let me know that I have been doing exactly what HE has called me to do, and will continue to call me to do.  HE has let me know that I must let go of my need to be angry when I come under attack.  HE reminded me of this during my quiet time with HIM this morning that HE is my fortress.  Meaning, HE is my safe-haven.  HE is my source of comfort.  HE is my soft place to fall.  HE is my shoulder to cry on.  HE is my healer when I am hurt.  HE is the one who knows me and loves me best.  HE is the one who tests me daily, to grow my faith in HIM.  I am learning that HE can and will keep testing me daily so that my faith in HIM will grown more and more each day.  HE has let me know that when I stay on the path that HE has chosen for me, I will be blessed.  HE reminded me that HE is the source of my hope.  Therefore, I must hold fast, and hold onto my hope that is in HIM.  I must wait for HIM, as HE is coming to my rescue.

"A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity." Ps. 37:10-11


HE has let me know that when I put all of my hope in HIM, that HE will remove the evil from my life.  HE reminded me of that this morning in letting me know that HE is my fortress.  Over and over again HE reminded me of that.  HE let me know that when I focus on HIM, the evil ways of the world will NOT harm me, and HE can, will, and does protect me.  I am learning that even though I may go through test and trials, HE is with me always.  I am learning that I must trust that HE will do what HE says HE will do.  I know that I must choose to trust HIM completely so HE will be able to fill me with HIS peace that surpasses anything and everything of this world.  Today HE wants me to meditate on HIS words in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

"The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming." Ps. 37:12-13

HE wants me to know this morning that though people may hurt me, I am covered under HIS blood.  I am not forsaken, I am forgiven.  HE has let me know that HE won't let any evil harm me, and even if they do manage to harm me, that harm will not go unpunished.  GOD reminded me of that through a memory I have of HIM asking me to forgive my step-grandfather who undoubtedly destroyed my childhood.  HE reminded me that though I wanted and sought after revenge so fiercely and intently in my heart, HE was the one who would bring justice to my life.  HE let me know that HE was in control, not me, and all I had to do was trust HIM, and HE would remove all the pain and strife from my heart that I suffered from being under attack for so long.  This I know to be true, as HE did exactly what HE promised.  Today I am thankful for HIS loving reminder that HE is my source of comfort when I suffer injustices of this world.

"The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy,to slay those whose ways are upright.But their swords will pierce their own hearts,and their bows will be broken." Ps. 37:14-15

As I was crying out to HIM this morning in my journal, I could feel myself tense up.  I knew that I was under attack, and Satan was trying to wipe me out.  This morning I found myself so thankful for HIS peace.  I am thankful that HIS peace surpasses anything of this world.  I know that nothing can bring me more comfort than HIM.  I am learning that HIS peace is even greater than D's love for me.  I am learning that nothing can fill the void in my heart like HE can, will, and does in my heart.  I am learning that the more I seek HIM, the more I will find myself under attack.  I am hopeful as HIS word promises to protect me, and to prosper me when I choose to follow HIS will and path for my life.  I am thankful that though I may suffer through injustices in my life, HE is the one who takes care of the evil in my life.  I am thankful that HE is in charge, and HIS timing and provision are perfect, as I am not.  I am thankful that HE loves me so much that anything that brings harm to me does NOT go unpunished.  I am thankful that I don't have to be the one to deal with the injustices of this world, all I have to do is trust HIM, and let HIM teach, lead, and guide me every single moment of my life. I must trust HIM with all that I am, and all that I have.  I must surrender.

"Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked;  for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the Lord upholds the righteous." Ps. 37:16-17

GOD has let me know that I must let go of the desires that the world puts into my heart.  I must hold fast to HIS promises and seek HIM earnestly as HE is the supplier of all my needs.  I must not let myself become jealous of what other people have, and covet what they have.  I must be thankful for all that I am being given, and trust HIM that HIS timing and provision are perfect for me.  I must trust and believe HIM!

Last night I went to sleep with peace in my heart, as GOD gave me the courage to confess a lie I told to my husband 13 years ago.  A lie that seemed so minor at the time, but manifested into a HUGE fear in my heart, of what would D think of me when he found out?  For that very reason I kept this lie under wraps, and last night GOD let me know that I wouldn't have any peace, until I cleansed my heart of this lie.  

I don't know why I expected anything less of D, than him being totally understanding, and loving towards me.  He let me know that it was indeed minor, but he was thankful that I was able to share it with him.  D let me know that we are all sinners, and it is sinner's who go to heaven.  D let me know that he could see that I was under major attack yesterday, and he began to speak GOD'S truth into my heart.  I went to bed last night with peace in my heart, knowing that I had "come clean" in my marriage to D.  

It is no coincidence that GOD had me confess my sin to D, as I just read this amazing book called, "Beyond Ordinary" by Justin and Trisha Davis.  Their story is about "cleansing" your marriage of anything that you have been keeping from your spouse.  Their story is about all the storms that they endured, that was almost the demise of their marriage, however GOD had much bigger plans for them.  GOD took their greatest storms and hurts, and turned it into this amazing testimony, of which I believe is a must read for anyone who is either married, or is thinking of becoming married.  I am so thankful that GOD mysteriously downloaded this book onto my kindle, and just so happened to reveal it to me in HIS perfect timing.

I pray today that the GOD of peace will be in your life.  I pray today that you will surrender and give all of your burdens, anxiety, guilt, shame, and anger to the Prince of Peace.  I pray today that you will seek your Heavenly Father who is the King of all Kings, and the Lord of all Lords.  I pray today that HIS love, grace, hope, promise, and forgiveness will fill you with a peace that surpasses anything and everything of this world.

Blessings,
Heather 







No comments:

Post a Comment