Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"be still"

So I am sensing a theme in my life these days.  For starters on Sunday we had a guest speaker at our church and his message was all about Soul Detox and how we need to still our souls.  As I sat there and listened to what he was saying, I began to think about who in my life needed to "be still."  I thought, "well certainly not me LORD?"  "I am in YOUR word every morning, and I'm blogging YOUR Daily Teachings, so obviously it is for me to pray about for someone else, right?"

 Hmmm, well the 2nd part of "be still" came yesterday when I started reading my new book titled: "Whispers."  Throughout my bible study yesterday HE began to show me all the times that I followed through with HIS "whispers" for my life.  

The 3rd part of "be still" came during today's bible study, of which I read: "One of the greatest "whispers" HE says is "be still."  OK, so I know what you're thinking, surely I've gotten the message by now right?  Hmmmm, have we met?  Nope apparently I didn't get the message quite yet, so GOD sends in what I like to call "reinforcements."  Today's reinforcement was brought to me by my best friend K.  K's sole purpose for her phone call to me I believe was to share how she heeded a "whisper" she heard from GOD.  How HE is doing good works in her life, and restoring things in her life that she had lost.  As I listened to her describe how HE told her to "be still" and how she obeyed, I told her about the steady theme in my life these days.

As if her phone call wasn't enough for me, the theme continued on through my morning as I "tried" to type my blog.  Of course my computer wasn't cooperating, and I began to "lose" it.  Before I knew it I was yelling at my kids, my phone, my computer, I wasn't very pleasant to people who had the unfortunate task to call me this morning.  I had a very rough start to my day.  
Finally, I heard HIM "whisper" "be still" "wait for ME", and so there I was sitting, and waiting for today's HIS Daily Teachings. The first thing HE wanted me to remember is that HIS grace is all sufficient.  HE wanted me to let go of my frustration, anger, and anxiety, and to cast all of my fears and anxiety on HIM.  Secondly HE wanted me to remember that I am to NEVER think of myself as too seasoned, sophisticated, or smart to do anything less than what HE "whispers" for me to do.  I must obey HIM every time!

I am thankful that HE sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to reside in me to that I am able to receive the "whispers" HE has for my life.  I know I shouldn't be asking why isn't GOD speaking to me, but rather, why am I NOT hearing HIM?   I know that when I earnestly seek and follow HIS plans for my life, HE can, will, and does bless me for my obedience.

"There is no greater feeling in the world than to hear -- and heed -- GOD'S voice"

I know that it is only a matter of time when I go into "hiding" that I will fall flat on my face, and repent for my sins.  I know that when I try and "hide" from HIM and ignore HIS "whispers" for my life, HE will allow things to become unbearable for me.  I know that when the circumstances in my life start to shift, I must remember that it is GOD shifting things in my life.  I know that with GOD nothing is ever random.  

Twice this morning HE sent this message to me through my bible study:  "I must open my hands and heart, "be still" and wait for HIS "whispers," instructions.  After the second time of reading and journaling that I came across this: "It's the little acts of obedience that invite GOD'S power to fully flow in our lives."  In other words, GOD is telling me what I need to do, therefore I must obey HIM, stop "trying" to "hide" (which is foolish as you can't really hide from someone who is all knowing) from HIM, so that I will be able to live a truly peaceful life.  I know that HIS "whispers" will always give me a sense of peace.  I know this to be true, as HIS promise is to work all things together for my good.  I know this to be true, as this is what my story is all about.  HIS faithfulness, how HE rescued me, and how HE is refining, and renewing me daily.  How I am work in progress and I won't be complete until I go to Heaven. 

Today HIS "whispers" came to me with assurance that HE is in control of the circumstances of my life.  He let me know that I am NOT alone.  EVER!  I know that by opening my heart and mind daily to HIS Daily Teachings will allow me to write out my blog.  I am learning what it truly means to "be still."  I know that with HIM leading me there is absolutely NO need to worry about anything!  HE has let me know that HE knows all about me, including every detail and HE loves me no matter what.  HE wants me to make HIM my treasure and to know that HE is all I need.  HE wants me to stop "trying" to "fix" everything, as I am not the one who needs to worry about it.  I must put all of my faith and trust in HIM.

This morning HE revealed to me that the more anxious I let myself become the more destructive I become when I allow myself to be stressed.  I am thankful to know that HE is there to rescue me every time from my own demise through my lack of faith in HIM.  HE has shown me time and again, (which I am amazed HE hasn't grown tired of me yet) that HE will always love me no matter what!

Today I have learned that it is never to let to change my mind, and to heed HIS word, and pick up my cross and follow HIM.

"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Mark 8:34

I pray today that if you aren't heeding HIS "whispers" you will know it isn't too late to change your mind.  I pray today that you will be blessed for your obedience in choosing to follow HIM.  I pray today that you be able to live a truly peaceful, joyful, and fulfilling life serving HIM.  I pray today is the day your will still your soul when HE says to you, "be still and know that I am GOD"

Blessings,
Heather





No comments:

Post a Comment