Saturday, August 17, 2013

healer...

Whenever I hear a song for the first time, it usually stays with me the entire day.   I often find myself looking up the lyrics, and finding the video on youtube.  Before long, I sing it all throughout my week, and whenever I am feeling at a loss in my journey towards wholeness, I believe that HE reveals those songs to me once again.  "Healer" by Hillsong United is probably one of the most played songs in my mind on a daily basis.  The lyrics of "Healer" have truly become my life.  I am so thankful that every time I hear it, HE takes me back to the 1st time HIS truth was revealed to me about my life.

Last night I was talking to one of my "soul sisters" and I was saying how I had finished "The Power of a Whisper" and how I wasn't sure what GOD was going to have me read next.  As I was saying those words, I glanced down on my bookshelf and laying there was my next book, "Praying GOD'S Word" by Beth Moore.  As our conversation continued, I read aloud the chapter titles of the book, and I heard another "whisper" this is it!

I went to bed late last night, feeling overwhelmed by HIS constant love and grace.  Thankful for HIS timing and provision, and in awe of HIS abundance in love for me.  I didn't hardly sleep as I couldn't wait to dive into this new book, (which ironically has been sitting on my bookshelf for almost 3 years now.)  Finally at 4 a.m. I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to know what HIS Daily Teaching was going to be about.  Today's was more than I could ever imagine.  GOD revealed to me this morning that HE is more interested in being my healer, and me putting everything into HIS hands, than HE is healing me from everything, every stronghold, every struggle, absolutely everything right away.

As I began to meditate on HIS words, I couldn't help but to smile.  GOD, all knowing, all giving, all loving, whose timing and provision are always perfect desires a relationship with me!  HE seeks after me daily, and wants me to depend on HIM for everything!  One of my favorite lines in "Healer" is: "Nothing is impossible for YOU, YOU hold my world in YOUR hands"  This I know to be true, as HE has proven this time and again, as my desires, and prayers can't begin to compare to HIS plans for my life.

Today I learned that GOD wants to set me free from the strongholds in my life that keep me from living my best life that HE has chosen from me.  Today I have learned that HE wants me to claim and declare HIS words that NOTHING is impossible for HIM!  

HE  has let me know that the reason HE seeks after me daily is because HE is wanting to me to fulfill HIS calling on my life.  

" Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

HE seeks after me daily to be sure that I share everything that HE is teaching me.  HE makes it so that I can't begin to keep quiet about the things that HE reveal's to me.  HE has made me want to share my failures in hopes that it will save someone else the heartache that I have had to endure.  HE is wanting me to share the key to breaking the stronghold's of my life through this blog.  I believe HE will, and it is through my faith that with HIM, I will have the courage to speak HIS truth against the strongholds in my life.

HE revealed to me this morning, that the key to breaking the strongholds is found in this scripture: 

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.  The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

I know that through HIS word, and my prayers it is the only way for me to receive true freedom from the stronghold's in my life.  I know that I must speak HIS truth as it is Satan's ploy to deceive me in thinking that things in my life are much bigger or more powerful than my GOD.  I am learning to rebuke those thoughts, and not only rebuke those thoughts but battle them with HIS word.  I must never just simply say Satan is lying, I must speak GOD'S truth boldly with confidence and courage, both of which HE will equip me with every time!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Ephesians 6:10-13

GOD wants me to know that HE will equip me with HIS armor to fight the strongholds in my life.  Today HE revealed exactly what HIS armor is through the following scriptures:

" Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,  and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Ephesians 6:14-17

I know that I must pray circles around the strongholds of my life, so that HIS words will rebuke, and destroy the "lies of temptation" that Satan places in my path every single moment of my life.  I know that just as he is relentless, my HEAVENLY FATHER is even more relentless in saving me!

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Ephesians 6:18

I know that Satan is out to destroy me anyway that he can, as he knows that his time he has for me to mess up my life is fleeting.  GOD's truth was revealed to me that Satan is frantic to destroy me, as it is written his time is limited.

"Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea,because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.” Revelations 12:12

I know that in order to obey HIS word, and to fulfill HIS purpose for my life, I must stand firm in my faith in HIM that HIS will for my life is what is truly best for me.  I must not worry about what people will think of me.  I must boldly declare who I serve.  I must align my thoughts and heart to everything HE is teaching me.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

I am learning that it is NOT GOD'S will for me to be trapped by the strongholds of my life.  HE is letting me know that I can find true freedom in HIM, all I have to do is ask and it will be given to me.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm,then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

I am so thankful that HE seeks after me everyday to hear HIS truth.  I am thankful that HE sent HIS only son to set the example for me to follow every single moment of my life.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." John 8:32

"Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." Matthew 4:10

I am excited to start another chapter of my journey towards wholeness with HIM as I have learned that HE will give me exactly what I need, as HIS timing and provision is always perfect.

I pray today that if you are struggling with being overpowered, and find yourself dwindling in your faith, that you will turn your eyes and ears to HIM, and know that HE is your healer.  I pray that you will not be discouraged if HE does not heal you right away, but rather you will increase your intensity in seeking after HIM.  I pray today that you will have the courage and confidence to boldly declare that JESUS CHRIST is your LORD and SAVIOR.  I pray today that you will know that true freedom can only come from HIM.


No comments:

Post a Comment