Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"soul sister"

Throughout my journey towards wholeness GOD has placed specific women in my life.  Through many tears, talks, and prayers, these women have become my "soul sisters."  To this date I have had 9 different "soul sisters."  I believe with all my heart that GOD placed these women in my life at just the right moment that I needed them.  I know that it is through HIS "whispers" that HE gave them the courage and confidence to speak HIS words, lovingly, and sometimes painfully to me. Today I am so thankful to have so many people looking out for my best interest. Sadly some of my "soul sisters" were only meant for a season of my life.  Sadly I had to say goodbye to a few of them, but I will forever be grateful that they "heeded" HIS "whispers" and boldly came to me and told me what GOD's best for my life was.

My best friend K is my "soul sister" on any given day of the week we will call each other, and we know right away whether or not the devil going to try and break up our conversation.  K and I have a friendship that goes "all in."  Meaning, we will say whatever it is that GOD wants us to say to one another, no matter how the other person may "feel"  We know that because HE loves us so much, that we are thankful to have each other to keep each other on the straight and narrow path HE has chosen for us.

K has been there through some of my "darkest hours," and through all of my ugliness and pain she is still here.  She has been one of my biggest supporters, and one of few people who aren't afraid to tell me like it is.  I am thankful for her honesty, her integrity, and for her faith in me.  Me, her "hot mess" of a best friend, who falls on her face daily, and messes up royally whenever she tries to steer the ship!  Me, a person who is far from perfect, and whom she doesn't ever expect to be perfect, but rather real.  I am thankful for my "real and honest" friend who will never lie to me to spare my feelings.  I know she will read this today, and K, I love you, I can't imagine doing this life without you.

I am thankful that while K is all those things for me, it is the same for me to her.  I know that she is one of few people that I can be honest with, and though she may not want to hear it, she will listen.  Though it may take her a few days to chew on what GOD has told her through me, we always come to an understanding with one another.  I believe that GOD brought K and I together to help keep each other accountable in making sure that we stay on the straight and narrow path that HE has chosen for our lives.

I have many prayer warrior "soul sisters" as well.  Women whom GOD has placed strategically in my life, at the exact moment that I needed them.  Women who lift me up, and encourage me to continue on the path that HE has chosen for me.  Women who speak HIS truth to me, and help keep me accountable to the being the Woman of GOD that HE calls me to be.  Women who I know I can ask for prayer, and they are already  on it before I even ask.  Women who know and love me, and see who I am through HIS eyes.

My biggest prayer warrior is my friend L.  On many occasions L hasn't been afraid to tell me what GOD has said to her about me.  She isn't afraid of how I may feel, but rather is more focused on getting HIS clear message to me.  She is one of my biggest supporters, and loves me through all of my faults.  She is mature in her faith, and has been filled with a lot of HIS knowledge, wisdom, and is extremely gifted with HIS discernment.  I have learned so much through my friend, my fierce prayer warrior friend L.  If you read this L, I love you, I thank you, I can't imagine where I would be without your constant prayers, love, encouragement, and promptings!

I have a friend M who is one of my closest friends, who I am to this day in awe is my friend.  You know, the woman who is gorgeous, and has it all together.  You know the rock star friend.   M is one of the most real, down to earth women I have ever met!  She isn't who I though she would be at all.  GOD was quick to humble me in my thinking when HE brought M into my life.  I am thankful for her, as she is the one who keeps me on my toes in my thinking.  She is always challenging me to dig deeper into HIS word, and to go deeper into my soul in searching for HIM.  I am so thankful for my "Rock Star" friend who isn't afraid to challenge me every step of the way.  M if you are reading this, I can't begin to thank you for pushing me to GO BIG in my faith, and to seek HIM with everything that I have.  I can't thank you enough for showing me that true beauty comes from within, and it isn't about the outside, although it doesn't hurt to look like a million bucks!  I love you M, and I am so thankful to have you in my life!

I am blessed to even have "soul sister" who is in my family.  A, a woman of integrity, grace, love, and forgiveness.  I can't begin to say enough about her.  I know that I can call her at any time and she will be there to listen.  I know that she thinks of me, and prays for me.  I know that GOD has placed her in my life to give me hope, and to keep me focused on what really matters.  A, I know you are reading this, and I want you to know how thankful I am that even though we are miles away, I know that you are always there, and that you care.  I am so thankful to have you in my life, to help guide, and support me on this amazing journey I am on.  Thank you for always stay beside me no matter where life has taken us.  I am so thankful for your beautiful spirit.  I love you my sister from another mister!!!

One of my biggest fans, and supporters that I have ever blessed to have is my dear friend K.  I met K at a critical time in my life where I was about to become a "mama" for the 2nd time.  K was my neighbor who soon after we met open her home to myself and my daughter.  D worked long hours, and his commute was brutal, so we spent a lot of time with K.  We would go for walks daily, and talk about love, and life.  She was the first person in my life to show me what being a "mama" was really about.  She is the one who encouraged me to become the "mama" I am today.  It has been 13 years since GOD blessed me with her beautiful friendship, and even though we are miles apart, we still speak every month in a least an hour long phone conversation.  K ~ words escape me of who you are to me.  I love you so much, and am so thankful to have you in my life.  I am overwhelmed by your love for my family and genuine concern for each of us.  I miss you more than you know, and I can't wait till we can go on one of our walks again.  I love you.

These are just a few stories of the amazing women GOD has placed in my life, and who are my "soul sisters."  I know that I wouldn't be who I am today without each of them in my life.  I am so thankful that I am loved by so many strong, amazing, beautiful women who truly are looking out for my best interest.

"For lack of guidance a nation falls,  but victory is won through many advisers." Proverbs 11:14

I pray today that you will know who your "advisers" are in your life.  I pray today that GOD will reveal to you who the people are that need to be in  your inner circle.  I pray today that GOD will bless you with people in your life to build you, and encourage you, and speak HIS truth to you to keep you on the straight and narrow path HE has chosen for your life.  I pray today that you will heed the advice from your "soul sisters/brothers"


Blessings,

Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment