Friday, November 14, 2014

remind me

Last night while spending time with my teen daughters, I looked up and saw D walking up our stairs. Suddenly without warning, I was frightened, and followed him up the stairs. When I reached the top, I rushed into his arms, and told him that I had this overwhelming feeling just like I did on the afternoon I found my precious son lifeless..... the fear the anxiety, the pain in my stomach, the loss of breath, all of it..... was rushing back, flooded my mind, as I stood there trembling in my husbands arms.

I cried to him, and asked him to pray, as I was completely frightened.  Not knowing that my teens had been listening, and immediately rushed to their two younger siblings sides.  I would be lying if I didn't say that there is a real fear of something else, tragic is going to happen to our family.  This I know because of the way our son was taken from this world.  In his sleep, he slipped away, with all of us home, oblivious to what was happening.  While most people will say that they escape in their sleep, our family is afraid of sleep, and in fact when we do sleep, nightmares usually follow.

I haven't had a single nightmare since my son's passing, but my precious four children have.  Last night was the first time I felt fearful, and I got a sense of what my children have been dealing with since the worst night of our lives took place.  

Last night marked one month of living without our precious seventh family member.  Our hearts were extremely heavy as we reminisced about him, and all the silly, funny, loving things he did.  Tears flowed freely, as we soaked in our memories.  As darkness fell upon our home, I believe that something else "tried" to make its way into our home, and that is the spirit of death, anxiety, fear, trauma, and nightmares.  

Determined that I wouldn't be a victim anymore, and would choose to speak life into my life, and the lives of others, I began to pray out loud, for ALL to hear.  It was as if though in my time of need HIS HOLY SPIRIT was there to remind me of HIS FAITHFUL promises to me.

" These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts" Zechariah 8:16

HIS Daily Teachings today is HIS loving reminder that even in the most desperate times of need HE is there, always, and HE has sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT as HIS gift to me, to teach, lead, and guide me, so that whenever I needed HIM, HE would remind me of HIS word.  HIS HOLY SPIRIT would bring me to remembrance of HIM, and HIS promises for not only me, but for my family as well.

"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26

" I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3

This morning HE is taking me straight into HIS word, and through HIS HOLY SPIRIT is reminding me of WHO HE IS, and WHAT HE HAS DONE, WHAT HE HAS PROMISED, and WHAT HE WILL CONTINUE TO PROMISE.  HE is wanting me to boldly declare that HE is FAITHFUL, ALWAYS!

HE is reminding me once again of HIS promise to me, that I need NOT to ever worry about anything, as HE is with me.  HE is reminding me of ALL the time that HE has taken to prepare me to know and understand that I can with absolute certainty BELIEVE HIM, and TRUST HIM completely, as HE has proven to me time and again that HE is FAITHFUL!  Today HE is leading me straight to HIS word and letting me know that HE knows my heart was troubled last night, and that with HIM, I NEVER have to worry, that HE is there for me always.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me." John 14:1

HE is reminding me of where my son is, and that is with HIM.  HE is telling me that just as HE called my son home, one day HE will be calling me home as well.  HE is wanting me to always remember that HE has gone ahead of me to prepare a place for me.  HE is telling me that if ever I start to "feel" fear that I need NOT to worry as HE is with me, always.  That just as HE is with me now, I will be brought to live in eternity with HIM and HIS FATHER, all I have to do is seek HIM, and HIS HOLY SPIRIT will remind me of HIS loving promises to me.

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.”
John 14:2-4

HIS HOLY SPIRIT is here to remind me whenever I am feeling lost, alone, afraid, or broken, that HE is with me, always.  HE is reminding me that my purpose, HIS purpose is to bring all PRAISE, HONOR, and GLORY to HIS HOLY NAME, as I am called to be HOLY just as HE is HOLY.  HE is reminding me that HIS way, is the only way, as HE is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE.  

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:6-7

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High." Psalm 7:17

HIS HOLY SPIRIT is here to remind me that my suffering, my mourning is all for HIS glory, as HE suffered, and died for my sins, and know of my pain, and anguish.  HE knows the deep sorrow I feel.  HE is there, holding me through it all, and is continuing to work in me, and through me, to do HIS good works, just as HE has already done before me, and this is HIS true confidence that HE gives me in knowing that I am in right standing with HIM.

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

"To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life." Romans 2:7

HIS HOLY SPIRIT is here to remind me that I am to keep HIS commands, and in doing so I will be making HIS KINGDOM known here on Earth.  HE is reminding me that what I am called to do, the world does not understand, and will try and stop me from living the way I am called to live, but I am to press in, and press through with HIS loving guidance.  HE is telling me that though the world may not understand how, or why I can still PRAISE HIM in this massive storm, I can truly rest in HIM, in HIS promises that everything HE does is for good and NOT evil.  

"If you love me, keep my commands.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—  the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you." John 14:15-17

"And if we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness.” Deuteronomy 6:25

HIS HOLY SPIRIT is here to remind me, that HIS timing and provision are perfect.  HE is telling me that I must remember that HE is SOVEREIGN.  This means that HE is in control, and in knowing that I don't need to ever worry or fret about what may or may not happen, as HE has it all worked out.  HE is reminding me once again that HIS story, my story has already been written, and all I need to do is surrender to HIM, and allow HIM to lead me on HIS path of Righteousness, as I am truly living in HIS KINGDOM, which is FULL of Righteousness.  

"A person’s days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed." Job 14:5

"“Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is." Job 39:4

"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." 
Psalm 90:12

" But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:28

"But you, Sovereign Lord, help me for your name’s sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me." Psalm 109:21

"But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evildoers, from the snares they have laid for me. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety." Psalm 141:8-10

"In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness." Psalm 31:1

HIS HOLY SPIRIT'S final reminder to me today is this:  NO ONE, NOT ONE PERSON knows the hour of time of my death, or anyone else's for that matter.  Only HE knows, and only HE knows when JESUS is coming back, to take me with HIM to live in eternity with HIM and HIS FATHER, OUR FATHER in HEAVEN.  I am so thankful that I can say that I know, love, and trust GOD completely because I know, love, and trust JESUS completely.  Through HIS HOLY SPIRIT, HIS gift that HE sent to me, long before I even realized what a gift HE was, is, and is to come.  Sent to remind me always, that I NEVER need to fear, fret, or worry about anything.  That anxiety doesn't come from HIM, and that HE is SOVEREIGN and has EVERYTHING, even the death of my son worked out for HIS good.  Through HIS loving reminders I know with HIS true confidence that my son is ALIVE and living in Paradise with HIM, and one day I will be reunited with my precious son.  Through HOPE, HIS HOPE which HE has instilled in me for HIS purpose so that I would be able to press in and press through in this the greatest sorrow, sadness, and pain I have ever endured, I will TRUST and know that HE is there, holding me always, loving me, helping me, and leading me on HIS path of Righteousness.  


"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

"Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God." Psalm 146:5

"We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It’s an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:19 The Message Bible

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS~ I pray that if you are feeling anxious or worried about anything that you will bring it all to HIM.  As it is written in HIS word that through prayer and petition we are to present our requests to HIM.  HE is FAITHFUL, and HE wants to show you that to prove it to you, to make you feel HIS love for you, to know HIS love for you.  HE is waiting for you to open the door to your hardened hearts, so HE can mend them.  HE is waiting for you to let go of your way so HE can show you HIS way is the best way for you to live your life.  HE wants to pour HIS abundance of blessings over your life when you surrender to HIM and seek HIS will, HIS way, so that you too will be able to live out HIS purpose for your life.  I pray today that you will have the courage to shut up, shut out, and shut down the enemy, the father of lies who is keeping you trapped in your own prison without a key.  I pray that you will know that JESUS CHRIST our LORD and SAVIOR is there, fighting on your behalf, planning... waiting.... to RESCUE you.  I pray today starts the day of your new life in HIM, and that you will be able to SPEAK HIS TRUTH, SPEAK LIFE into this so full of death broken, lost, and fallen world. I pray today that through your obedience you will be able to claim HIS JOY, HIS TRUE JOY for your life, and SEE ALL of the blessings that have been bestowed upon you.  

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Much love, fervent prayers, compassion, and understanding,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 















No comments:

Post a Comment