Tuesday, January 13, 2015

contentment

Today marks on the calendar as three months since my precious little love went home to be with JESUS.  I will tell you that it has been a HUGE struggle to keep my focus on all that is going on here in my life here in a way that is honoring and pleasing to HIM.  What I mean is, coming into this New Year I really struggled with having a good attitude of gratitude, and the discontentment in my circumstances, in my life, was overwhelming.  In knowing how important it is to be really thinking about what I am thinking about, I know that HE doesn't want me to struggle with contentment.  However, in my humanness I can't help but to look around and SEE all the babies being born, pregnancy announcements being made, people receiving amazing blessings, and all the new and exciting things that they are planning on doing this year.  

Thankfully since I have a relationship with HIM, I knew HE was speaking straight to my heart in letting me know that HE is wanting to get me to a place in my FAITH where it doesn't matter what is happening in my world, no matter what the circumstances of my life may be, that I in HIM, through HIM, with HIM I will always be able to choose and experience pure, true contentment.

HIS Daily Teachings  today is teaching me the importance of being vs. feeling contentment.  HE is wanting me to know that for far too long now I have based my ability to SEE HIS TRUE JOY in my life through my "feelings."  HE is letting me know that it is of NO coincidence that HE capture my heart and attention two years ago after "Power Thoughts," to how to "Live Beyond Your Feelings." 

HE is wanting me to know that is it even more imperative that I understand know that where I am at in my life's circumstances, no matter how I look at it, it's full of sorrow, sadness, and pain.  HE is wanting me to know that even though my heart has been shattered, there is always HOPE in the promise of the cross, and the HOPE HE is talking about is the anchor for my soul.  HE is wanting me to know and understand that HE knows how badly I am hurting, but HE is wanting me to get to a place where I can choose that no matter what happens, I can TRUST and know that HE is there, and HE will help me. 

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure" Hebrews 6:19 

HE is telling me that in order for me to understand what being content means, I have to first be reminded of HIS promises to me, of WHO HE is in my life, and when I remember WHO HE is, it won't matter what is happening, has happened or will happen.  Today HE is taking me straight into HIS word to remind me once again, so that in when the waters rise, the storms rage, and the heartache begins, I will know that HE is there, HE is SOVEREIGN, HE is my REFUGE, HE is my SHELTER, HE is my SHIELD, HE is my SAVE HAVEN.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;  my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,  my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

"Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!" Deuteronomy 33:27

"As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him." 2 Samuel 22:31

"As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him." Psalm 18-30

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:7

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield." Psalm 33:20

Once again I am overwhelmed by how much HE loves me, and in knowing that if there is ever a time where I forget, all I have to do is study HIS word, soak in it, meditate on it, BELIEVE it, speak it, and live it, and I will be able to live with pure true contentment.

HE is wanting me to know and understand that my living with pure true contentment isn't just for me, but that HE is building a legacy through me for my generations to come to know that NO matter what may happen in this lifetime, HIS goodness, HIS mercy, HIS faithfulness, HIS love it endures it all, and is there now and forever more.


"I will declare that your love standfirm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself." Psalm 89:2

Once again HE is having me soak in HIS word in Psalm 23, and write what HIS word means specifically for me when it comes to living with pure true contentment. HE is telling me that when I fully know and understand what HIS word is telling me, I will know that no matter how hard things may be in this life, I will be able to stand firm in my FAITH in HIM to TRUST and know that HE is there, HE is my REFUGE, HE has already walked the journey I am on with HIM, and everything, absolutely everything works out for HIM, and through me HIS glory will SHINE be SEEN, and be KNOWN.

" And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him" Nahum 1:7

In reading HIS word in Psalm 23 one thing that stands out to me is HIS reminder to me that HE is my SHEPHERD, and with HIM I lack NOTHING.


"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing." Psalm 23:1

This means that HE is my provider, my protector, HE won't let ANYTHING happen to me that HE won't turn into HIS good, and HIS glory in me and through me. Whether it's I lose in this life, lose my life, I will gain so much more than I could possibly imagine. What I mean is, so the enemy is, has, and will always be"trying" to take me out, but HE is SOVEREIGN, and because of my relationship with HIM, in knowing how much HE loves me, I don't have to fear what the enemy does to me, as I know in the END HE wins, DEATH will DIE, there will be NO more tears, no more heartache, and no more pain. 

"The Lord protects the unwary;  when I was brought low, he saved me. Psalm 116:6

"So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” Genesis 22:14

"When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 1 Corinthians 15:54

"he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears    from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace  from all the earth.
The Lord has spoken." Isaiah 25:8

 I know and understand that my purpose, is to share HIS message of HOPE of the life, eternal life that is waiting for us, and the ONLY way to receive that GIFT is by RECEIVING HIS son JESUS CHRIST AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!! This message I will FOREVER shout and scream to the masses in continuing to walk this journey called life, with HIM to be HIS faithful, humble, servant to share HIS good news to EVERYONE whom I encounter.

"Even though I walk  through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

I can tell you that since Monday October 13, 2014 three months ago today, I have been walking through the darkest valley I have ever known. However, even though my world has been turned dark, HIS light is still there, SHINING for me. At first it was just a small light, but as I survive, and conquer each day with HIM, HIS light SHINES a little brighter every single day. 


" In him was life,and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:4-5

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"You prepare a table before me  in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." Psalm 23:5

HE is wanting me to know that HE has prepared me as the write of HIS Daily Teachings to understand that I am NOT going to be receiving the popular vote in writing against what the world is telling me to do, how to grieve, what to say, encouraging my selfishness by saying "every man/woman for themselves."  HE is wanting me to know that as long as I continue to press deep into my FAITH an draw from HIS well of living water, I will be met with opposition.  HE is telling me that is ALL apart of HIS plan to set me apart, to ensure that HIS glory is known through me, and that HIS light will SHINE and will be SEEN by the last, the least, and the lost, ALL of WHOM need HIM.  As surely as in the end, everything that has breath, will PRAISE HIM.

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who standfirm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

"Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7:38

"Give glory to the Lord your God before he brings the darkness, before your feet stumble on the darkening hills. You hope for light, but he will turn it to utter darkness and change it to deep gloom." Jeremiah 13:16

" For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:10

HE is telling me that HIS plan, HIS purpose for my life is to get me to a point in my level of FAITH and TRUST that with HIM in HIM, NOTHING NOT one thing can upset the pure true JOY of contentment that I have found in HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that when I start living with with pure true contentment, that is when I will be truly living with contagious FAITH.  HE is telling me that the world is watching, and waiting to SEE how I am going to continue this journey with HIM, and that each and every day that I am given I have a choice to where I can either live with it miserably, or I can live with HIS pure true JOY of contentment that is so deeply embedded into my heart, soul, and mind that NOTHING could ever separate me from it.

"If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment." Job 36:11

" I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13

"Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.  For we live by faith, not by sight.  We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.  So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:6-10

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6

HE is telling me that if I understand anything of what HIS word means for my life is this: "everything that I ever do, say, or think, is this life will determine where I am in my next life."  I can tell you since it is of the Utmost importance to me for my greatest desire to be met, which is to BE HIS GOOD FAITHFUL, HUMBLE, and HONORING SERVANT, I want and desperately need and long to hear HIM say to me in that very moment where I meet HIM face to face the words that I have been forever imprinted on my heart, words that I think about constantly, and can't wait to hear!

" His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!" Matthew 25:21

In knowing that my time is coming where I am going to hear that, it just encourages me even more to BE HIS LIGHT, to SHINE BRIGHT for all the world to SEE and know that HE is LORD, HE is GOOD, HE is FAITHFUL, HE is SOVEREIGN, and HE loves each and every single person that breathes more than we could ever possibly know or imagine.  HE is waiting, for all of us to receive HIS gift so that HE will welcome us home.

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS,  it is my prayer that you know that I don't claim to have this life figured out.  I also don't write this blog to make anyone feel bad about themselves, but rather to encourage that through YOUR own personal relationship with CHRIST JESUS, you CAN and WILL overcome anything, and everything that has hurt you, is hurting you, or will EVER hurt you.   I pray today that you will know that HE is there, HIS HOPE is there for you to grab onto, to hold tightly in your embrace, as HE embraces you, and fills you with HIS overwhelming, unfailing, unending, unconditional love and grace.  I pray today that you will know that no matter how hard this life is for you to live, HE is there, waiting for you to open your heart to HIM, so that HE can fill you with HIS pure true JOY of contentment so that you too will be living with contagious FAITH.

Always with the deepest love, and most sincere of prayers, grace and compassion,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment