Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Perspective

It is amazing what a weeks worth of good sleeping and total rest will do for you.  It has been a week of full restoration for me, as I woke up this morning feeling the best I have felt since losing my precious little boy.  I woke up feeling like I could take on the world, and my purpose, HIS vision was clear in my heart and mind.  I didn't realize just how much better I felt until I got to church, and began to talk to people, and the normal heaviness that I felt in thinking about future terms, moving forward and living with the massive loss of my little love.  It surprised me, and it wasn't until today's message began at church that I realized just how much better I felt.

When I first woke up this morning I was eager to get into HIS word to SEE what HE had for me, to learn, to know, and to grow from.  So eager that I typed almost an entire blog post, about commitment, however now that it's been nine hours since I wrote that, I know that although what I typed was important, there was a reason as to WHY I wasn't able to finish today, and that is because HE had so much more for me to know about WHO HE IS, and WHAT that means for me.

HIS Daily Teachings today is having me boldly declare WHO I am, because I know WHOSE I am.  I know this because HE has gifted this New Year, with a New Perspective in my life.  This New Perspective is one that makes me thrilled to get out of bed in the morning, and surely makes Satan cringe that my feet have once again hit the floor!  Each day I wake up with a new level of commitment to BE WHO HE has called me to BE.  

When my Pastor spoke this morning about our identity, it was the first time where I wasn't hesitant of WHO I am, and WHY am I here.  With this New Perspective I know that I have been made NEW in CHRIST, and that has taken me from the broken hott mess, who was so insecure, with no backbone, no two feet to stand on, afraid of herself, and the world, doormat, manipulated, abused, abandoned, forgotten, broken, lost, and apart of the least in this world, to knowing that I have been created on purpose!  NOT just on purpose, rather for HIS purpose as HIS CHOSEN Daughter!  To know that HE was delighted to create me, and that HE smiled when I was born, is just amazing to me!  NOT only that HE delighted to SEE me born, but HE delights in me when I choose to speak HIS words, against everything that the world is telling me not to.  I am finally able to say without hesitation that I, Heather, HIS Daughter, am courageous, bold, fierce, brave, and strong.  NOT by my own accord, but because HE loves me.  

"For the Lord takes delight in his people;  he crowns the humble with victory: Psalm 149:4

"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you;  in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

"Here is my servant, whom I uphold,  my chosen one in whom I delight;I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations." Isaiah 42:1


Through HIS HOLY SPIRIT, HE so lovingly captured my heart and attention two years ago and began to teach me just how magnificent I am in HIS eyes.  I will be forever singing HIS praises that HE rescued me, loved me, pursued me, to teach, lead, and guide me to prepare me for when the worst day of my life happened.  So that I would be able to stare death in the face, and say, "where is your sting, OUR RESURRECTED KING HAS RENDERED YOU DEFEATED!"  

" but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." 2 Timothy 1:10

"Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.  For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death." 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

" Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—" Hebrews 2:14

"I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever!And I hold the keys of death and Hades." Revelations 1:18

"Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death." Revelations 20:14

To know my purpose to PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME for ALL to hear, well that is more than enough for me to keep on fighting the good fight with my LORD and SAVIOR.  To know that my purpose is to share my story as I do here on this blog, to reach the masses.  To know that this portion of my journey has already been walked by my CREATOR and HE knows how well everything will turn out for me.  I will be eternally grateful for HIM taking me through all of my stages of identity crisis in showing me WHO I am, because HE would take me through each level of understanding WHOSE I am.   

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" Philippians 1:6

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

" Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses." 1 Timothy 6:12

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" 2 Timothy 4:7

Today HE is taking me straight to HIS word to remind me once again WHOSE I am.  HE is letting me know that HE will forever remind me of WHOSE I am, because HE loves me too much to even go a moments time without fully knowing and understanding just how much HE loves me.  I am in complete awe of WHO HE is in my life, and WHAT HE has done for me, because of HIS amazing, relentless, unfailing, unconditional, unending love, and grace.  Just reading HIS word again of WHO I am, because of WHOSE I am brings so much comfort and strength to my weary heart.  Just reading HIS words gives me the courage to keep on living this life the way that HE has always intended for me to live it.

" But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."1 Peter 2:9-10

As I sat with my journal and pen in hand at church today my Pastor asked three questions, and without an hesitation I wrote down the answers that were in my heart, before he even began to give us the answers found in HIS word.

WHO am I? ~  my answer: I, Heather am HIS child,  I am CHOSEN 
Pastor:  I, Heather am HIS beloved, I am HIS special possession, I am HIS inheritance

HE is wanting me to know and understand that I am truly HIS beloved, and that I am truly HIS special possession.   That I was created by chance, in hopes that I would be WHO HE wanted me to be, rather I was created in love, and purpose, knowing full well I would BE WHO I was created to be.  HE is telling me that I am so special to HIM that my name is etched into HIS hand, and that NOTHING that is said about me, to me, or  happens to me goes unnoticed by HIM.  HE is wanting me to know that HE is with me ALL of the time, because I am that special to HIM.  Even when I ignore HIM, HE is there waiting for me to realize that while everyone else has gone away in my life, HE is there, has been there, and will be there forever.  HE is wanting me to know that through HIS son, my LORD and SAVIOR I have received mercy from HIM, and that means that my inheritance is waiting for me in HEAVEN with HIM, as I have been CHOSEN by HIM.  

"See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;  your walls are ever before me." Psalm 49:16

Okay, so I have to take a minute to gather my thoughts, and process what that means for me.  WOAH!!!!  I am that special???? WOW!!! To know that I am CHOSEN is amazing, but to learn, and know that I am HIS special possession is overwhelming!

WHO do I get my identity from ~ my answer: HIM, in CHRIST and CHRIST ALONE
Pastor: In CHRIST is where I, Heather, receive my identity, my actions don't define me, HIS action defines me.

He is reminding me once again that it doesn't matter what I have done in my past, or what I have said in my past, NONE of that defines me.  HE is wanting me to always remember and know that it is HIS love that defines me, as I have learned that I was created in love.  HE is telling me that if ever I forget, HE will be there to remind me through HIS promises through HIS word of WHO I am, is NOT based on anything I will ever say or do, as NOTHING I could ever say or do would ever cause HIM to love me any less than HE does.

" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16  

WOAH!!! Wait!!!! What??? Its so awesome to me that just how I love my own children, well I didn't come up with that on my own.  The whole concept of loving my children for WHO they are NOT what they do, well guess what Heather, GOD loves you the same way, ONLY EVEN more than you could possibly EVER even think about loving your own children, spouse, or even HIM.  Just writing that and thinking about what that means for me, overwhelms me in the best possible way!!!!

What am I on this Earth for? ~ my answer:  HIS purpose, HIS messenger of HOPE 
Pastor : I, Heather am CHOSEN as HIS Royal Priesthood, I am called to be HIS light to share HIS good news!  

HE is telling me that while I understand that I am to be HIS light to share HIS good news to be HIS FAITHFUL messenger of HOPE, I have yet to fully grasp and understand what it means to be HIS Royal Priesthood.  HE is letting me know that just as yesterday I wrote about being tapped into the well of HIS living water, what that means for me is, I don't have to have anyone to mediate my walks with HIM, that it is just JESUS and me walking, and talking through this journey that I have been blessed with called life.

Okay, so to think of myself as royal to HIM, WOW, words fail me, as the only term that went with royal for me in my past was pain in the butt.  How nice it is to know that HE doesn't view me that way, rather HE views me as magnificently created on purpose, for HIS purpose to live according to HIS will, HIS plan, to be HIS ambassador, HIS living vessel to share, to speak, to shout, to know, to study, to meditate HIS word to this broken, fallen, and lost world full of people who are just like I used to be.  Being a New Creation in CHRIST is amazing.  Knowing that I am being filled with the power of HIS word to breathe life, where only death has lurked is truly amazing.

Once again I am in complete reverence and awe of WHO HE is in my life.  Forever I will sing HIS praises of ALL that HE has done, is doing, and will continue to do in my life.  Forever I will share HIS good news of WHO HE is for the last, the least, and the lost, in this broken and fallen world.  Forever I will seek HIM, to teach, lead, and guide me to know HOW I am to live this live that I have been chosen for.  Forever I will live a life of integrity, with dignity, grace, respect, and the utmost love, in seeking HIS perspective.  Forever I will be eternally grateful to have been chosen to be D's wife, and my precious five children's Mama.  Forever I will be ever-present in the precious moments that we are given, to ensure that precious memories are made and captured deep into each of our hearts.  Forever, I will be looking at my life with a New Perspective, HIS Eternal Perspective, that my son, my precious little love is waiting for me in HEAVEN, and to HONOR HIM and OUR HEAVENLY FATHER I will do whatever I am called to do, whenever I am called, no matter where I am or what I am doing, I will answer with a resounding YES!!!

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST JESUS, whew, my heart is overwhelmed in knowing just how much HE loves me, and wants you to know how much HE loves you.  I pray today that you will have the courage to let go of your hurts, and hangups of what you think HE has done to you, and SEE all that HE is doing for you.  I pray today that you will receive HIS true freedom of TRUTH that will set you free from the bondage's, lies, and manipulations that have been placed upon you.  I pray today is the start of HIS New Perspective for your life.

love, and prayers, with much grace, compassion, and understanding,

Your Sister in CHRIST JESUS,

~ Heather 







1 comment:

  1. Praise Jesus for the good news! He's alive and in every single one of us! Dancing today in this revival!! Whew!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete