Thursday, July 18, 2013

HIS timing....

In my ten years of walking with HIM, I have realized that I can be a very impatient person.  In my own way of "helping" HIM I say, "o.k. GOD I completed x, y, and z, so now you do your thing!"  I am pretty sure HE laughs at my being "helpful."  When the truth is, HE will do things in HIS timing and not mine.  HE will decide what will happen next in my life, as HE is the only one who knows the plans for my life.

Right now I am praying some HUGE prayers around my family.  There are a lot of decisions that need to be made in the next few weeks, and most of them are making me very weary.  So instead of casting my cares on HIM, I in my small mindedness hold onto them and worry.  However, GOD revealed to me today that I need not to worry about anything..... ever.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Some of my worries right now are manifested from the fear of change.  Change is inevitable in life.  Everything is this world changes, but the one thing that never changes is GOD.  I am not a person who adapts well to change, and as soon as I "think" I am adapting the tides change once again, and my world is rocked.  In the past whenever my world has been "rocked," I  have fallen apart.  From friendships, to family relationships, to moving our home, to finding a new church, to losing a baby, you name it, I have never been someone who adapts well to change.  This coming season BIG changes are coming, I know it, and I in all honesty I am trying my best to avoid it.  I will admit that BIG changes scare me and make me nervous.  I know that when I don't "feel" in control I let my circumstances dictate how I "feel" and therefore become overly emotional when in reality GOD only wants me to take it one step at a time.  HE wants me to TRUST HIM, and know that HIS plans for my life are what is best for me.


" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


This is the scripture HIS words that I have clung to in the past 10 years.  It has been my one constant that has seen me through some of my darkest days since becoming a CHRIST follower.  It has been through this scripture that HE has taught me, and shown me that I must trust HIM as HE loves me and cares for me.  HE wants me to know that HE is my only source for true comfort.  HE made me, and knows every part of me, and isn't surprised by anything I say or do.  HE has always been there for me, and teaches me time and again that HIS timing is perfect and flawless.  No matter what I, Heather in my small mindedness may think.  I know that HIS timing is always what is best for me.  The only problem I have with HIS timing is being patient. 


I know that throughout my life GOD has allowed me to go through storms to test my patience.  Right now I am in a situation that is really testing my patience, and while I am wanting to RUN, and RUN FAST, GOD is asking me to stay and speak HIS truth.  HE is using me, my life, as a living testament for someone else in order to reach them.  I have learned that this is what HE does, HE uses me to reach others.  In my mistakes which HE has corrected, and redeemed me from, and HIS timing, HE uses it all for HIS good.  I must choose to always give the glory to HIM.


I know that when I let myself become impatient, I get angry, upset, frustrated, anxious, and worried.  Therefore, I must choose to practice patience to avoid "feeling" negative, and "being" negative.  


"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:4


I know that when I am disappointed I often lash out at GOD and ask HIM why I didn't get what I wanted.  I know that I must learn to deal with disappointments, and let HIM reappoint my heart, and align it with HIS word.  


"Absolutely nobody gets everything they want all the time, so we need to learn how to deal properly with disappointments ."


I know that when I trust in HIS plans for my life, I know HE will take care of me.  All I have to do is ask.


"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." Proverbs 16:9

"A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?" Proverbs 20:24


"Trusting GOD is absolutely wonderful because it soothes our wild thoughts and emotions when things don't go the way we had planned."


I must ask myself, "do I let my surroundings dictate what I will do?" or "am I choosing to be HOLY SPIRIT lead in HIS timing?"  I know each time I choose to be patient, HE is creating in me a patient heart which is crucial so I can trust HIM for HIS timing and provision for my life.


Besides change being something that makes me impatient, dealing with rude people has the same affect on me.  I can easily get upset when someone is rude to me.  I am generally a very nice person, until someone is rude to me.  So often I find myself being rude right back to them, and sometimes, even worse than they were being.  This makes me want to "hide," as I am ashamed to admit that I am NOT being very CHRIST like, and certainly NOT being GOD honoring.  GOD is wanting me to think like HIM, and realize the circumstances of why some is being rude to me.  It's not because they don't like me, or that I did anything wrong, rather it is, that like me, they have stressed filled lives.


"People are trying to do too much in too little time and have more responsibility than they can realistically handle."


Therefore, I must choose not to let someone else emotions and reactions manage my emotions and my reactions.  GOD is letting me know that instead of reacting, I should be praying.  I should be casting all my cares onto HIM, and trust in HIS timing HE will reveal to me everything I need to know.

Today's decision and confession is: I can patiently wait for the things I want in life, trusting GOD to bring them in HIS timing.

I pray today that if you are struggling to adapt to change in your life, that you will turn to HIM and allow HIM to reveal to you HIS plans for your life.  I pray that you begin to trust HIS timing for your life, and know that HE is the only one who knows what is best for you.  I pray that today you will be blessing for someone who is rude to you.  I pray today that they will witness JESUS through you, and that you will leave a lasting impression on them while you are practicing patience.

Blessings,
Heather







No comments:

Post a Comment