Sunday, July 14, 2013

the "right" thing

Several things happened to me this week.  First D and got into an argument where I "allowed" my feelings to dictate how I would speak to my husband.  Thankfully GOD captured my heart, and mind quickly, and renewed my thinking and allowed me to seek forgiveness from D before things escalated.  Second I received some negative feedback about my blog.  Negative comments such as those would have normally derailed me from doing the "right" thing, and I would have made the choice to "hide," and not do what GOD has called me to do.  I know that if people aren't agreeing with me, then I must be doing something right.  Lastly I felt horribly judged by a "friend," and even "attempted" to blog about it yesterday.  I typed as much as two paragraphs, and GOD let me know that under no circumstances was I to write my blog with my emotions in control.  Once again HE calmed my heart and mind, and lead me to thinking about all that HE is doing in my life.  Especially in my marriage to D.  I know that by asking HIM to lead me, and teach every moment of my life HE is asking me to always do the "right" thing.

I have learned that my feelings may come and go whether I want them to or not.  I know that I can't just simply "wish" myself to not feel a certain way.  I must choose to feel a certain way.  I must make the change.  I know that acting on my emotions is a choice, and in giving the choice I must choose to do the "right" thing.  I must choose to discipline myself.

Growing up I lived in houses where emotions were volatile.  Every person reacted and acted emotionally.  There was absolutely NO self-control.  I learned at a very young age that in order to get what I wanted, I had to yell, argue, and stay angry until I got what I wanted.  This caused a lot of internal strife in my young body, and I suffered from frequent stomach aches, and ulcers.  I know that because I learned this at such a young age, it has taken a lot of refining me through HIM to make progress and change the way I react.  I know that I must choose to control my emotions so they will NOT control me.  I know my "feelings, and emotions," must never dictate my actions!

I know that by allowing myself to be taught to control my emotions, that is how GOD will equip me to teach my children to do the same.  I would be saddened if my children had to struggle later in life because of something I didn't model to them and teach them to do for themselves.  I have learned that it is NEVER too late to do the "right" thing.  I know that I must choose to be HOLY SPIRIT lead, and NOT by the flesh.

"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,and who meditates on his law day and night.That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers." Psalm 1:1-3

I know that I must always seek GODLY counsel, and NEVER follow the advice of the flesh.  My Pastor at church say's it like this, "WJBT- would JESUS bless this?"  I know that if the answer is NO then I must choose to not do it!


GOD is teaching me to always be a person of integrity and my actions must be pleasing and honoring to HIM.  I know that I must never make excuses to NOT do the "right" thing.  I know that the "right" thing is GOD's way NOT mine.  I know that every Sunday I am serving at church.  I know that if I am there I can and will serve.  I really love this saying we have at church, "have a heart for the house."  I asked JESUS a while ago to give me a "heart for the house," and wow did HE deliver!  I want people to see me as someone they can depend on, therefore I must choose to always do that HE leads me to do, not what I "feel" like doing.


I know that though I may not always be excited about serving, it does however require a yes from me. I know that in choosing to forgive someone it requires a yes from me.  In choosing to do the "right" thing I am always saying YES whether I "feel" like it or not.


"A principled life is enormously different from an emotional life."  


"All who desire to be truly spiritual must conduct themselves daily according to godly principles."


I have learned that when I am NOT able to fulfill a commitment, its is better to "face the truth," and refrain from making excuses about it, or trying to sweep it under the rug.  I know that the more I try and sweep the more things collect, and pretty soon it's a mess, and it's everywhere.  I must choose to do the "right" thing so the "wrong" thing doesn't take over my life.  I know that I must choose to quit being a quitter when I don't "feel" like it, and press on.  I know that great blessings will come from my obedience.


"If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.  All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:" Deuteronomy 28:1-2


In choosing to obey HIM, I know that I will be satisfied and be fulfilled just by knowing I did the "right" thing.  GOD is letting me know that when I don't "feel" like it, I can pray and ask HIM to give me the desire, and HE can, HE will, and HE always does!


I pray today that if you too find yourself being emotionally lead that you will seek HIM and pray and asked HIM to give you the desire to do the "right" thing.  I pray that you will seek HIM earnestly and you allow HIM to renew and transform your heart daily!  I pray for GOD's blessings, and favor to be poured over you through your obedience.  I pray that you will let JESUS be the center of your life today.

Blessings,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment