Tuesday, July 9, 2013

the finish line

Looking back on the years of my life, and through all of my pain and suffering I know that GOD is now using all of my sufferings for HIS good.  Through me HE is allowing other's to witness the power of HIS touch, and how HE can, will, & does transform and renew every life who chooses HIM.  With just one touch, HE healed me and changed me.  That one touch allowed me to go on living, to want to keep on living.  With just one touch HE changed my whole world, and allowed to me to start to build a legacy for my family.  I know that through all the storms of my life HE was right there with me, and when I was ready to finally stop running, HE was waiting.

I know that there is absolutely NO room for my past in my future.  I know that GOD doesn't want me to hold onto the injustices that I received in my past.  I know that when I allow HIM to, HE will be there to walk me through my time of suffering, and help me to cultivate a forgiving heart.


"Millions of people miss today because either they refuse to let go of the past or they worry about the future."


I know that NO matter how much suffering I have endured that I WILL recover because GOD is my REDEEMER and RESTORER.



The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." Psalm 23:1-3

I know that when I finally stop running from the injustices I have endured and let go....let GOD, HE can, will, and does deliver me from my hurt, and tends to my wounds and bruises.  I know that when I allow HIM, HE will teach me how to cultivate a forgiving heart.  HE will help me face my hurts and receive HIS healing through HIS touch.  I know that in choosing to spend time in HIS word, and HIS presence everyday in my life, and allowing HIM to teach me, HE can, will, & does restore my soul.  HE has shown me that when I let go, and let HIM not only does HE restore my soul, but HE restores my physical health as well.

"Many sickness and diseases today are the result of internal stress.  No matter how many doctors we see or how much medicine we take, we may be only dealing with symptoms rather than getting to the root of the problem."

My life is down right hard sometimes, but I now that even though life may not be fair, GOD is always fair. HE has shown me for the past ten years that I can't run anymore, it's time, time to face my past.  Time to face the truth of what happened to me, and to allow HIM to restore every area of my life where I am broken.  I can only mask my brokenness before it finally catches up to me, and threatens to take me down.  I know that when I am weary from my past, HE is my strength, and HE will give me the strength to face it, and put it behind me.

"Sadly the world is filled with injustices."   I know that when I live my life with an attitude of forgiveness I give more Glory and Honor to HIM, than if I just live a good life, but am never content.  I know that GOD doesn't like to see me suffer, however it is pleasing and glorifies HIM when I choose to keep a good attitude during my time of suffering.  Therefore, I must keep a good attitude during my time of suffering as it is the only thing that will make my suffering bearable.

Throughout the past ten years of my walk with HIM I have learned this: though I may not understand the "why" as to why things happened the way they did to me, I can however know HIM.  I know HIM through HIS love, forgiveness, and mercy.  I know that HE doesn't want me to dwell on the injustices I've suffered, rather HE wants me to be thankful for the good things I do have.  

"Knowledge with action is useless."

I know that the pain that I endured through my time of suffering is now being used for HIS glory.  HE is reaching so many brokenhearted people through my testimony.  I know that I wouldn't be the person I am today had I not suffered the way that I did.  Through my suffering He has taught me the importance of love, grace, humility, kindness, tenderness, compassion, and most of all forgiveness.  I know that had I not allowed HIM to teach me the importance of forgiveness I wouldn't be able to live my life for HIM today. 

In choosing to allow HIM to guide me, teach me, and lead me every moment of my life I know that HE knows me best, and I know HIM.  I know that when I finally reach the finish line to the end of my earthly life, I know that HE will look to me and say, "well done good and faithful servant."

His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' Matthew 25:23

Those are the words I cannot wait to hear when I finally reach the finish line.  I know that even though I had a rough start to the beginning of my life, HE will bless me with an amazing finish.

I pray today that if you are suffering HE knows you and loves you.  HE wants to help you and restore you from your hurts.  I pray that today you will open your heart to something that you have been running from.  Today I pray is the day that you will lie down, and receive HIS rest and that you will decided to face your past.  I pray that you know that even though things may be rough right now, you can still have a great ending to your life.  I pray that when you reach the finish line you will be spending eternity with the one who loves you and knows you best!

Blessings,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment