Sunday, July 21, 2013

"words"

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will NEVER harm me."  In thinking about that statement, I know that it couldn't be more untrue. I know that my words are so powerful, that they have the ability to speak life, or death into me or someone else.  So many times I can look back on my life, and wish I could just eat my words up.  Take back the harsh criticism that I said to someone I loved, or the harsh words exchanged in the heat of anger.  The words of failure I spoke to my children.  The words of unrealistic expectations I put on the people in my life.   GOD has shown me today just how much my words have either spoken life or death into my life and the lives of those around me.

I must remember that my words are what make my thoughts visible, so when I am thinking negative, I speak negative.  In choosing to be negative I am speaking death to myself and those around me.  GOD wants me to speak HIS truth no matter what I am going through.  HE wants me to speak life into the problems of my life, and not allow them to take over my life.  HE wants me to be positive amidst the storms of my life, and hold onto the hope that can only come from HIM.

I know that my words affect my mood, and the people who come in contact with me.  Therefore I must choose to speak life, and not just run my mouth, and in return let my mouth run away from GOD.  The people who know me best know that I am a "talker."  I love talking to people, I love hearing their testimony, and I love hearing how GOD is working in their lives.  I am also drawn to the broken hearted, as GOD has created in me a compassionate heart and desire for help the lost find peace, and hope in HIM.

I know that when I choose to allow my thoughts to be positive, I will speak in a positive manner.  In speaking positive, I will live positive, and I will become a living testament for anyone who I encounter.  Therefore, I must choose to practice discipline and self-control so that I will model CHRIST for those around me, and be a witness to them so that they too can receive Salvation through HIM.

GOD wants me to know that when I allow my thoughts to be negative, then my words become negative, and in speaking negative I am speaking death.  In choosing to speak death, I will become miserable, and will not keep very good company.  When I speak death my sadness and life's problems only increase.

I know that when I am feeling depressed the only way out of the depression is to choose to think positive.  In order to be positive, I must think of my blessings, so that I will be able to control my thoughts, and then I will be able to control my actions.   I must control my thoughts, before they control me.  I must allow GOD to work in me and to teach me to speak life with all of my words.

GOD wants me to speak life, HIS truth, HIS words, HIS hope, HIS love, HIS promise, HIS grace, HIS tenderness, HIS forgiveness, HIS encouragement, not only to me, but to everyone around me.  GOD wants me to be a "contagious" CHRISTIAN!

I must approach every day as an opportunity to speak life to those around me, as my pastor says, "make JESUS famous."  I must  choose to speak HIS truth, so that HIS words can speak life into "the walking dead."

So often I fall into the trap of "my problems," seeming bigger than they really are, and they consume me, therefore I "feel" that I should talk about them.  However, in talking about them 99.9% of the time I am negative, and nothing good comes out of my "running" my mouth, and most of the time I feel even worse then I did before I even said anything.  GOD doesn't want me to dwell on my life's problems, but rather dwell on the blessings I receive on a daily basis.  HE wants me to speak the truth of my life, HIS truth of my life.

Today I am meditating on these scriptures, to remind me to speak life, and not death:

"A person finds joy in giving an apt reply and how good is a timely word!" Proverbs 15:23

"One whose heart is corrupt does not prosper; one whose tongue is perverse falls into trouble." Proverbs 17:20

"The mouths of fools are their undoing, and their lips are a snare to their very lives." Proverbs 18:7

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

"Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity." Proverbs 21:23


"One of the biggest mistakes we make is to think that we have no control over how we fell or what we do"

I must remember that it is foolish of me not to practice discipline and self-control so that the HOLY SPIRIT can lead me to live my life according to HIS word.  I must remember that I am given the power to speak life or death into my life and the lives around.me.  I must remember that my purpose, or I should say HIS purpose for my life is to bring HIS kingdom of Heaven here to earth.  I am to model CHRIST to everyone, and I am to share HIS truth.  I must remember that I am being watched, therefore I must choose to be GOD honoring in all of my thoughts, and actions.

I know that just as I choose to exercise to guard my health, I must choose to be disciplined and self-controlled to guard my life.  I must choose to speak life!

"Millions of people live miserable and unfruitful lives because they are deceived."

For the past sixty-six days GOD has been taking off the wool that has been pulled over my eyes and revealed HIS truth for my life.  I am no longer haunted by my mistakes, as I know I have been redeemed.  I am no longer being deceived as when I am starting to feel negative I quickly think of just how far I have come, and though I may not be where I need to be, I am surely not where I used to be.  I am no longer a victim in just "allowing" things to happen in my life.  I am no longer letting the circumstances of my life control my every thought and action.  I am choosing to be HOLY SPIRIT lead, and I am being lead to a life of freedom.  Free to speak in love, and truth, and having a heart that is full of peace and joy. I am now finding my comfort and solutions to my problems in HIM.  I am no longer seeking the answers from the flesh, as I know that nothing can breathe life into me like HIS words.

“As for God, his way is perfect:The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him." 2 Samuel 22:31

"There is a time to talk and a time to be silent."

So often in my "need" to be "helpful" I let my mouth run away from me.  When really GOD wants me to be still and listen.  HE has placed several people in my life to practice this very thing.  People who can out talk me, who are very negative, and who need HIM.  HE is using me to get to them.  HE has asked me to put on my listening ears, and not speak until I am lead by HIM to speak.  I know that when given the opportunity to speak I must choose to speak life into their lives and not death.  I must be positive, and not get wrapped up in my own problems or make their problems my own.  So often I become derailed in my journey by other people's problems.  

I must choose to not get wrapped up in my "quest" to "save" anyone, but rather be HOLY SPIRIT lead, to live a life of faith, a faith that is contagious.  I must be a contagious CHRISTIAN!

I pray today that if you are struggling with negative thoughts, you will think of the blessings in your life.  I pray that you will allow GOD to transform your mind and your heart so that you will be able to speak life into your life and to those around you.  I pray today that you too will choose to model CHRIST and bring HIS Kingdom of Heaven here to Earth.  I pray today  that you will speak life through HIS words.

Blessings,
Heather







No comments:

Post a Comment