Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"its just the way I am"

Everyday I am surrounded by many different types of people.  Just in my own family alone we have people who are spontaneous, outgoing, energetic, soft spoken, tenderhearted, sensitive, funny, caring, angry, sad, depressed etc.  Our families emotions and feelings seem to be all over the place.  I know that most of our family are emotional beings, who base their decisions on how they "feel."

Growing up I made all of my decisions based on how I felt.  Whether I was happy, sad, angry, excited, you name it, I made sure everyone knew.  At the age I am now I am learning to NOT let my "feelings" control my actions.  I am learning that it's not acceptable to say, "its just the way I am." HIS daily teaching today is this: I must work with GOD so that I can be who I am, without building a wall of excuses and allowing myself to say "sorry it's just the way I am."

GOD made me who I am for HIS purpose.  HE didn't make me so that I can use it as excuse to treat people badly.  I must lose the mindset of thinking "sorry this is who I am, and I am NOT changing for anyone!"  "GOD's love demands that we all be willing to grow and change."  I know that by allowing GOD to grow and change my heart only strengthens my faith in HIM more.  HE has proven to me time and again that HE is the only one who knows what is best for me, therefore I must choose to trust HIM even when HE is asking me to do something, and I don't "feel" like it.

"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" Ephesians 2:10

My husband and I are completely different in the way that we make decisions.  I am a very spontaneous, instinct driven, decision maker.  D however is the complete opposite of me.  He likes to think about things much longer ( more than ten minutes) which drives me absolutely insane at times.  He is much more logical and rational than I am.  He analyzes everything.  So when I am excited about something, he tends to water down my excited me with his analytical thinking, and I tend to lose it and force my impatience upon him.  It never fails to happen that way, and I quickly become frustrated and upset and lose all excitement, and he becomes frustrated and upset with me because of my impatience, and doesn't even want to think about it anymore.

GOD wants me to know that in order to be happily married I must be willing to change to better meet D need's and the same goes for him. Instead of saying or thinking, "um hello have we met?  We've only been married for 15 years so you should know by now how I am."  I should be saying, "Lord change me to better suite D's needs without compromising what makes me.... well me."  I am learning that  in all of my relationships with people I must lose the mindset of "it's just the way I am," and say, "this is whose I am."  I know that because I am the daughter of the King that HE expects me to align all of my thoughts and actions to be honoring to HIM.

GOD wants me to know that HE doesn't expect me to compromise who I am, but HE does expect me to adapt to my surroundings, and seek HIS joy so I will have peace.  I must choose to adjust to the change in my life, and not expect everyone and everything to change for me.  I know that having a good attitude is one way to make change a much easier process.  I know that I am modeling my tolerance for change to my children, therefore I want to be sure that I am GOD honoring in my walk with HIM.  I want my children to see that NO matter what happens in my life HE is with me, and will never leave or forsake me.  I know that in choosing to follow HIS will for my life and allowing HIM to change me I will be blessed abundantly.

I must remember that everyone's needs are valid, even if a person's needs are hard for me to understand, or may be difficult for me to fulfill.  I know that with GOD all things are possible!

 "Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

"Good relationships require a lot of hard work, education, willingness, to meet each others needs."

I pray today that if you struggle with change that you will look to HIM for HIS guidance.  I pray today that you will allow HIM to renew your heart and mind to be aligned with HIS will for your life.  I pray that you will be a blessing to others today and will set aside your need to say, "sorry it's just the way I am."  I pray that today you will declare," I will do this because of WHOSE I am."

Blessings,
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment